1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2018 regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Dickie picks an argument. Dickie hides behind his claim regarding the button so he can avoid engaging directly. By playing this game, Dickie can duck the points he can't win and continue to troll. I point out the massive holes in Dickie's argument and he runs like the coward he is.

Sorry, no, the only person who should be embarrassed is Dickie the Cowardly Troll.

2. outofplace

You are dead wrong regarding the point you are trying to make here, but you made it very, very well. Nicely done.

To clarify once again for those who are slow, like you, I'm not a Pirates fan, but Pittsburgh is still home and I still read the local news there online most days. The Pirates' ongoing betrayal of the fans in my hometown bothers me. When they win or lose, I can't really bring myself to care.

3. outofplace

Dickie's idea of a deft offseason is making the team worse, then hoping the remaining players get better.

4. outofplace

There is no one factor that makes a team successful. Smart decisions by the front office are part of it. Potential revenue in each market is part of it. Ownership that is willing to spend is part of it. Luck is part of it.

The Yankees have a massive advantage over most other teams in potential revenue. They also have committed ownership that will spend to win. To get back to the example I gave, the Yankees would never have an offseason during which they lost the best player in the league and one of the best pitchers to free agency. That's what happened to the Pirates with Bonds and Drabek in 1992. You just have no concept of seeing your team do that because their ownership is better, but also because their ownership never has to make those types of choices.

5. outofplace

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

8. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Conor Mcgregor is at it again? Someone control that man.

poindexter likes this.
  9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

No weather problems in Oakland:

[​IMG]

To celebrate 50 years in Oakland, tomorrow night they're giving away free tickets -- to the entire stadium.

A’s free promotion highlights team’s struggle to draw paying fans

10. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Always thought oops posts would be that much better if done via dramatic reading.

Close enough:

text to speech online

12. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Pretty funny tweet from the Padres as the weather sucked in much of the rest of the county

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.