1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Got a tpyo there ...

garrow likes this.
  2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

"And I'm not going to stand here and watch that voting machine cut open, and see all those bogus ballots spill out all over the dock!"

cyclingwriter2 and garrow like this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

One thing I've learned in the Trump Era is that I have no clue anymore about what is and what is not subject to congressional approval. No matter what you think of Trump's plans to overhaul Medicare et al, shouldn't something of that import be subject to debate?
    Trump order targets wide swath of public assistance programs

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Geez, dude, it’s not Medicare (here), it’s Medicaid. And there already are plenty of work rules, etc., in place (by law), but prior presidents have done their unilateral thing and waived them. I’m not a fan of such, but this is absolutely nothing new.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I'm sure it's not new. Obama did plenty by executive order. (Although he didn't issue as many orders as GWB.) It's just what whenever any of these major things is brought to light, I realize how difficult it can be to remember or to guess which levels of policy have to be run past congress and which can be achieved with the stroke of one presidential pen.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

To the degree that the electorate skews “Progressive,” it operates in the service of two totally conflicting desires. One, there’s the desire for maximum participation in elections. And two, there’s the desire to have very little not under the discipline of unelected “czars” of thus and such purview. So we should vote on everything, and everybody should get to vote ... but pretty much everything ought to be run by people who aren’t answerable to voters.

9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

That's pretty great. Also, Hannity's neck apparently grows when he lies.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

3. If Comey hadn’t been a sanctimonious buffoon, Donald Trump wouldn’t be president.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Someone needs to do a spoof of the Rajneesh doc about the Trump Presidency.

"It was so beautiful, you had all sorts of white people, women and men, - we were going to build a wall - we were going to "make America Great Again...."

garrow likes this.
  12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.