1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2018 regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

FYI, Ohtani's start on the mound will be televised on MLB network this evening.1

1If he isn't sent down to the minors this afternoon.

lcjjdnh and LongTimeListener like this.
  2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I think I've told this story, but I had a kid sitting in the upper deck seats in front of my window ask me for food and drinks when I stayed in a hotel room looking out onto SkyDome.

I was well aware that wasn't one-way glass.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I've been trying to picture the scene as a dad takes his son to a game at Rogers Centre: "See up there? That's where Canseco's homer in the '89 playoffs landed. And over there? That's where Joe Carter's walkoff homer to win the World Series ended. And that room right in the middle? That's where your mom and I made you during a game with the Royals!"

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I stayed in the room Robbie Alomar used to stay. The guy at the front desk made that fact sound like a selling point. To which I gave him a puzzled look and wondered if I should ask for another room in case Tricia Miller still had the place scoped out.

John B. Foster likes this.
  5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

How much spit was on the pillowcase?

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Pirates beat guy explaining why it was an excellent off-season.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You have to say Neal Huntington is a favorite for Executive of the Year at this point. It doesn't look like their playoff drought is going to last nearly as long this time around.

There was a book out a few years ago that was a modern-day "Moneyball," except focused on the Pirates front office. After reading it, I trust them implicitly to make the right decisions. Just a top-notch organization, top to bottom.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Will he be ready for his ... start?

9. poindexter

Talk to the scouts.

10. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

There is no favorite yet for Executive of the Year. It's April. They're not ready.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Once nice thing about developments so far is that it has put off my 8-year-old's quest for a Playstation from me. He said over the weekend that he wants to "wait until they have Ohtani" in the baseball game.

poindexter likes this.
  12. poindexter

ChrisLong likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.