1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2018 regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Tied at 11 going into the bottom of the ninth. Of course, someone will tweet "free baseball" if the score holds. Uh, no. That was last night.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Come on down, Taijuan Walker, you're the next contestant on Tommy John surgery!

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I just noticed (Carrasco, Berrios & Rodney are all on the same one of my fantasy teams; 15 scoreless - no decision) are scoreless in the 14th.

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I’m just done with the Rangers for a couple of years. Their farm well, once the deepest in the bigs, is played out after trying to keep contending for years. Any one of their tradable assets is either 40, hurt, or sucking ass.

5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Guess that could be his thinking, maybe meant that. Haven't watched every game, but those I've watched Stanton is chasing some bad pitches.

6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Don't seem to have too many good pitchers in recent years, other than Darvish and Hamels (and neither came up in their system). Did they trade away any pitching prospects?

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Oh, that's definitely part of the problem, but seeing even fewer decent pitches could make it even harder for Stanton to turn things around.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No word yet from the Braves on Freddie Freeman, who was hit by a pitch on the same wrist that was fractured last season. So far, I've just seen a wide range of speculation, but obviously a killer injury for the Braves if it is broken again.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

They should bat Stanton in front of Judge for a week to see if that lets Stanton see better pitches.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Interim Jim rides again!

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

What a difference an offseason makes: the Pirates continue to soar in 1st place whereas the last-place Reds fire their manager after 18 games.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Braves were four games over .500 without Freeman last year.

They are a better team this year. Plus Freeman only has 12 RBI. That's not even Top 10.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.