1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I seriously had no idea he was even suspended. This is what I miss when I don't hang out on the weekends.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You said he outed someone, show your work.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Sometimes things like this line are funnier than funny.

JC, QYFW and Fly like this.
  4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I said it was an outing offense, as in a violation of the policy against outing. That's what one of the mods posted when the thread was locked and his suspension began. I'm not going to bring up the poster again because that just makes it worse. There are other examples of YF playing with the edges of the policy against outing, but "showing my work" would mean outing the poster, so I'm not going to do that.

I know you will find a reason to attack this post because that's what you do. And I'm sure, if YF responds, he will lie and say I'm full of it. So be it.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

He went to Paris, looking for answers to tweets that bothered him so.

SnarkShark and JC like this.
  6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Touch 'em all ...

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

JC likes this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

God, this is great. That Jesse was already the guy they had to go to to serve penance, and we learn what PUSH stands for, which is even better than I expected.

I wonder what ever happened to the campaign against "sex-rock" lyrics.

Those lines from the title cut of the Rolling Stones' 4-million-selling Some Girls album are creating some headaches for the Stones and their record company. On October 6th, Ahmet Ertegun, chairman of the board of Atlantic Records (which distributes the Stones' Rolling Stones Records), met in Chicago with the Reverend Jesse Jackson, head of Operation PUSH (People United to Save Humanity), which has been waging a two-year campaign against "sex-rock" lyrics. After an hour-long huddle, Jackson denounced "Some Girls" as a "racial insult" that "degrades blacks and women" and threatened boycotts and pickets until some sort of "resolution" was reached.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

This may be one of YFs better whataboutisms yet. Yeah, our guy is bad, but so is Canada's!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.