1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

On the other hand, let's not pretend he gives a shit and would have gone if it were being held across the street from Mar-A-Lago.

lakefront and HanSenSE like this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

When I was working for Rudy, one of his Deputy Mayors' dad died.

One of his major concerns the day of the funeral was making sure the Mayor's Chief of Staff did not attend.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Trump has no ability to be empathetic, sympathetic or civilized. There is no way the Bush family made it known he should not show up. If they did that, Dumb Don would take it as a taunt and show up at the funeral and shit on the coffin. DaughterFucker Donnie has no manners or dignity. He’s skipping it because he thinks his appearance would make a Barbara Bush’s funeral important and by not showing up he makes the Bush family look weak.

4. YankeeFan

Oh, I'm sure he would have.

He likes playing statesman, and acting like he's above it all. He would have been happy to go, and to have made a gracious eulogy on behalf of the country. (And, maybe cite his polling numbers in Texas a time or two.)

But, it would have made multiple members of the Bush family vomit to watch him do it.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Another sign of a truly dedicated Trump supporter these days is showing disdain for the Bush family. It looks like YF got the memo.

6. YankeeFan

Unlikely.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And YF is going for fiction writing in his defense of Trump. A gracious eulogy? That's funny. He had the opportunity to act like he was above it all, but he chose not to go.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

How many coconut donuts get sold in a Dunkin Donuts every day?

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I can’t, and I’m really good at it. For one thing, my grill can’t get hot enough.

10. YankeeFan

Where in this post is there any evidence of disdain for the Bush family?

They don't like trump. That's a fact, and it's obvious.

It's completely understandable that they would prefer Trump -- and the distractions that come with him -- not attend.

Stoney likes this.
  11. YankeeFan

That's the thing.

@heyabbott has proven once again that he has no credibility.

12. YankeeFan

It's entirely appropriate that Melania attend today's funeral. And, Trump obviously doesn't have the kind of relationship with the Bush family that the other former presidents have.

What will be more interesting will be when HW passes, where you would expect the sitting president to attend, and speak.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.