1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

When I put people on ignore, a tiny piece of their souls die. But I cannot hear their muffled screams.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Fair enough.

3. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

From the rip Barbara thread. I would hope even a person like trump would get the heebie jeebies just thinking about having to be in a room surrounded by people he has insulted personally. So, so many, many people, so, so many, many insults... He may use this excuse--and that's what it is---often.

"President Donald Trump will not join first lady Melania Trump in attending the funeral services for Barbara Bush, the White House said in a statement, citing a desire to "avoid disruptions" stemming from the increased security presence and "out of respect for the Bush Family and friends."
    "First Lady Melania Trump will attend the memorial service for Barbara Bush this Saturday on behalf of the First Family," a spokesperson confirmed Friday. "To avoid disruptions due to added security, and out of respect for the Bush Family and friends attending the service, President Trump will not attend."

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Melania Trump invited two longtime White House employees, one retired, who were especially close to Mrs. Bush to accompany her on her flight to Houston and to the funeral. That was a very nice thing for her to do.

5. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I never said it was funny. You've got some issues with me that escape me. But that's okay. Life is too short. My gin-barrel boat made it down the river. The skies are perfectly blue.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

He specifically disdains "democracy worshippers."
    Congrats, Trumpists. This is your tribe.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  8. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

I don't want to put words in his mouth, but I think I know what @YankeeFan means and I agree with him. For instance, when he he's speaking to the media after a meeting and he leans back in his chair with his arms crossed. I'm sure Trump views it as an off-the-cuff fireside chat with a genius and in his mind he thinks he's he's the epitome of presidential.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Four former POTUS there, plus the First Lady. How much added security would be there with Trump?

11. YankeeFan

A current president brings a ton more security.

But, that's not why they didn't want him there.

And, yes, while it would have been a lot of extra security, it would have been very easy to set up, considering the Secret Service's involvement in the funeral, regardless of whether Trump attended.

12. YankeeFan

What passes for journalism is pretty pathetic. This is even worse than the Times article.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.