1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2018 regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Why are you looking at his lips?

DEREK JETER: “I see your lips. I see. I've been seeing 'em this whole interview. I see your lips moving constantly. You'd never tell your players that you are expected to lose. You don't do that. You should take that as a slap in the face as a player. You should take that as a slap in the face.”

BRYANT GUMBEL: “You expect them to contend?”

DEREK JETER: “I do. I do. If I don't believe with the-- in the players that we have on the field, who's going to believe in them?”

BRYANT GUMBEL: “But as an executive, it looks like you're delusional if you believe otherwise--”

DEREK JETER: “Well, call me delusional.”

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Critical condition.

Fuck, he was pitching when I was watching last night.

3. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

Mets move Harvey to bullpen.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This is an awful story. Hope against hope.

5. Michael_ Gee

On a happier note, Phillies win again to go 13-7. Perhaps Kapler is getting the hang of his new job.
    (I know it won't last guys. One thing about being a Philly sports fan is the complete lack of illusion by your 12th birthday. But let me wallow in April while I can.)

Batman likes this.
  6. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

The Phillies also have a NL Cy Young candidate in Jake Arrieta.

7. Michael_ Gee

Don't you have to average more than five innings a start to qualify?

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That win by the Phillies is all the more impressive because it came against the powerhouse Pirates. Pittsburgh lost its third in a row to fall to 12-9, third place in the NL Central, but I'm sure Dickie still has them headed to the World Series. :)

9. melock

melock Well-Known Member

They’re 12-3 since the first two series of the season. A lot of their lineup still isn't hitting, but Hoskins and Herrera are carrying them. They’re getting some timely though from the guys scuffling. The pitching has been good. Nola has been outstanding. Arrietta looked real good the other night. It’s also April 21.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

As usual, whether the Pirates win or lose, whatever they do only proves OOPBot was right all along.

LongTimeListener likes this.
  11. manky_jimy

manky_jimy Active Member

Why does everyone pretend that the Marlins were some juggernaut before Jeter broke them up?

LongTimeListener likes this.
  12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yeah, if they didn’t trade Stanton, the question would be why they’re letting that contract drag them down.

Gotta start somewhere, as the Cubs and Astros did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.