1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2018 regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

And now Cueto has a no-no through five.

I think this was the game @poindexter was going to soak up the Ohtani. Getting a little extra excitement out of that ticket!

YankeeFan likes this.
  2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Pirates drop another one to fall to 12-10. Man, those Phillies must be amazing to sweep a juggernaut like the Pirates!

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I noticed the Pirates were swept this weekend. Wow, it’s almost as if you need more than a few games to determine how a baseball player or team is going to perform over an entire season.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I prefer OOP's take on the series!

6. LongTimeListener

@Songbird A-Rod on the Sunday Night telecast just noted that Harper has never had 100 RBIs. "His upside? Tremendous."

YankeeFan likes this.
  7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I saw a Trout bomb, and Ohtani had a hit to stave off demotion for one more day.

YankeeFan and lcjjdnh like this.
  8. LongTimeListener

Oh boy. Harper hits weak grounder to second. Utley ganks a routine 30-foot throw, making Bellinger leap off the base. But Bellinger gets back in time because Harper is on a slow jog down the line.

Talk radio programming set for tomorrow. Papelbon on line 1.

YankeeFan and doctorquant like this.
  9. LongTimeListener

Is 50 plate appearances, and more than 10 percent of the team's season, enough to say scouts were wrong and that he was in fact ready for the start of the season. He's at 45 now and at .333/.378/.619. He has started 10 games and gotten at least one hit in nine of them.

I'd hope that even @Dick Whitman can say the part about him being a "high school hitter" was spectacularly wrong.

10. outofplace

Translation: Dickie didn't really mean all that crap about the Pirates being a contender or having a great offseason, but he can't even back down from his trolling gracefully.

11. outofplace

He's going to tell us that it is irrelevant because it was the 19 at-bat sample size he felt was too small.

Funny how the size of the samples keeps changing depending what suits Dickie's argument of the moment.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

That was clear hyperbole. It was a way of saying he hadn’t faced MLB-level curveballs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.