1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melock

melock Well-Known Member

David Copafeel always gets his mark.

BadgerBeer likes this.
  2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Fiscal responsibility!

The county GOP organization raised $58,335 at an event that cost them more than $64,000. The spent $24,487 at Trump National and paid Fox News personality Greg Gutfeld $30,000 to speak.

https://newjerseyglobe.com/fr/morris-gop-nearly-broke

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Better than putting it in Bitcoin!

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It’s a kleptocracy. Trump’s just stealing from the government and contributors. All the campaign contributions are going to him. The merchandise revenue is going to him. He’s stealing from and through the Secret Service. Every time he’s goes to Florida he get paid.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  6. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Okay. But you have to answer mine, too. (Well, you don't have to, but I really am wanting a good discussion here. I'm learning.) I'm reading the above as though you and your wife have tried your damnedest to help your children believe they will be successful by all traditional markers: educated, employed, happy family. Is that racist? I don't know if this is a trick question, but I don't think so. Or maybe you're saying you've always wanted them to do these things in the order you have specified: school, job, married, kids. I don't think that makes you racist. It does make you very traditional.

I do wonder about your "and/or," which for me is an essential part of the clarifying discussion. I can't imagine a white racist who isn't also a white supremacist. (Obviously every supremacist is a racist.) Aren't they basically interchangeable? If you don't like a certain race for something, doesn't it necessarily mean that you think your race is better at least in that respect? But then I wonder how you draw the distinction between someone who is, say, casually racist—"probably an Asian driver" racist—and a neo-Nazi. Some people are obviously MORE racist than others. But I think if you're racist at all, you also probably believe that your race is better—and so, supreme.

7. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

He stole that idea from Tony Soprano and Assemblyman Ron Zellman.

heyabbott likes this.
  8. typefitter

Just finished third in a $1.50 Sit n' Go. Ad-10d on a 2d-3d-3c board. Push all in. Called by 6h-6s. So any A, any 10, any diamond, and I'm good.

I am no good. But made 82 cents for bronze.

bigpern23 likes this.
  9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If you keep going this route, I’m going to start posting my daily horse racing bets.

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I hate to be the bearer of bad news here, but if you don’t see my “and/or” as the quintessence of white supremacy ... you’re probably a white supremacist, too.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
    YankeeFan likes this.
  12. typefitter

Well, that sucks. I was being sincere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.