1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

BTW, I just noticed. ... On that New York magazine cover in the photo I linked to, there was a coverline that reads, "The Stripper & the Con Man." Hmmm.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Your premise is rejected for the foolishness that it is. In spite of your delusional fantasy, the media is not going to wait until every person who has ever told a lie to call out others for lying. I know you badly want people to stop pointing out Donald Trump's lies. Try this for a novel solution. Perhaps he could stop lying! Maybe give it a try for a day. No, that is probably too much for a start. Maybe he could try it for one hour?

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

This Shania Twain story is hilarious.

The president of the united states is such a complete and utter shithead that a celebrity feels the need to actually apologize for saying she would have hypothetically voted for him.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

In this news cycle I'm kinda partial to him using the "Sleepy Eyed Chuck Todd" descriptor that totally randomly coincidentally is an established anti-Semitic slur. America First, baby!

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

What I'm getting at is that it is difficult to express an opinion in America 2018 that touches on politics or policy without people making comprehensive assumptions about you.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  6. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Fred siegle and Smallpotatoes like this.
  7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

His political mentor was William Fulbright. We shouldn't be surprised to learn that Bill Clinton is casually racist.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

OK, media dad. We'll set the purge next week.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

DAMMIT! Correlation is not casualation!

10. YankeeFan

Do you believe her excuse?

Should she remain employed by MSNBC?

11. YankeeFan

Is her excuse believable at all?

Was Anderson Cooper's? (The tweet was sent by someone who grabbed his assistants's -- unlocked -- phone, from his gym bag, sent out one tweet, and then put the phone back.)

I mean, these are as bad as Trump saying it's not his voice on the "grab 'em by the pussies" tape.

You can't peddle us these kind of lies, and then act like you're the gatekeeper for honesty.

This is two of the three cable networks (and I'm sure others can compile examples from FOX) who have done this, and kept on the liar.

It's really inexcusable, and hurts the entire industry.

12. YankeeFan

I hate this place.

doctorquant likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.