1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

2. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Asshole, that's my thing; my guaranteed like-getter.

HC, Inky_Wretch and MisterCreosote like this.
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Years ago, my (Korean) girlfriend's older brother referred to Asian people as Orientals.

It had to be explained to him that it was ok for rugs and art, but that it was inappropriate to use it in reference to Asian people.

He says, "so it's like I just called myself a n****r?"

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Maybe, but I doubt she'll be fired. Would be kinda just desserts if some ambitious prosecutor in Arizona brought charges, though. Alternatively, ASU could sue the living shit out of her for damages.

QYFW likes this.
  5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm sure you will. I'm just stopping you before you start ranting about me avoiding your question. I don't duck and run in those circumstances. You do.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

“When you look at the Asians, the Asian is very gifted in creation, creativity and inventions. If you go to Japan or any Asian country, they can turn a television into a watch.''

Reggie White died, but not on THAT hill.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  7. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

Not trying to be snarky, but how about a white Reggie White (no pun intended) type who says that on average whites are smarter than blacks but Asian-Americans are smarter than whites? That's not a white supremacist, unless you're just looking at the white-black aspect and ignoring the rest. (Edit- I started typing this before I saw BTE's Reggie White reference.)

8. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Really? You made a whole thread dedicated to him. The title even states that you can't wait to hear his opinion on something.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That's not snarky. Archie Bunker (or a type like him) was a racist (just means prejudice against other races), but he wasn't a white supremacist.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

YankeeFan and lakefront like this.
  11. lakefront

Love that character, speaking of Asian one of the funniest scenes when he was ranking everyone, the whites were #1 but the chinks and the japs were 3a and 3b. Funny Archie Bunker thought process. Someone mentioned previous generations, so, so true. I think it would have been hard to come out of those times and not be a bit prejudice. (I generally don't like the word racist, it always implies more to me than the average bigot probably is capable of being.)

12. lakefront

Maybe I should check out the thread again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.