1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Pence should start a magazine and hire Williamson ... what with a desire to hang all the queers.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

WHY WON'T BREITBART PUBLISH MY 40,000-WORD EXEGESIS OF DAS KAPITAL?

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Have you ever had an infant or toddler who was hospitalized? I have, and I've also worked pediatrics. "Little to no pain and suffering" is a relative thing. Babies can't understand why they get stuck repeatedly for labs, why they endure all the various indignities and pain that we accept because we know the intent is to make us well. Everything is more difficult because of their small size. It's hard to find good places to stick, and the few good ones get beat up fast. If they get a respiratory infection and they need respiratory therapy, shoving tubes down into their lungs to suck out mucus is harder. Basically, everything, no matter how "routine", is harder.

I know nothing about the particulars of this case, and I'm not going to sit in judgement of either side. In a general sense I tend to come down on the doctor's side, because 98% of the time they know more about what they're doing. Sometimes they are wrong, sometimes a parent's dogged persistence pulls a child through who might otherwise have been lost.

It's awful easy to judge (either way) until it's your kid and you're doing your best to be there 24/7 to help, protect, and advocate for him. It's also a harsh truth that sometimes they can be kept alive when it's past time to let go. Nothing easy about it.

franticscribe likes this.
  4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I’ve been in situations like this with both a child and a parent.

You’re right that there’s nothing “easy” about it. But taking the decisions out of my hands is not something I would’ve tolerated. At all. Whether I agree with the doctors or not is kind of beside the point.

I’ll leave it at that.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Because most of their readers don't understand German?

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

What the left leaves out when it pins its hopes on a fine investigator is just that -- Mueller's the investigator. He's Lennie Briscoe...but unfortunately for the country, Jack McCoy's role is being played by Mitch McConnell, so the odds of an outcome the left will applaud are nil.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Whatever happens, the slagging of Mueller is shameful. He's everything Trump isn't - professional, curious, tight-lipped.

10. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

The shooting at a Tennessee Waffle House and its aftermath say everything about this Presidency:

A white shooter with an assault weapon.
    (Police using restraint when apprehending said white shooter.)
    People of color brutally murdered.
    A black, gunless hero saving strangers.
    A silent white President.

It’s all been on full display:

No calls by FoxNews to ban angry young white guys.
    No white evangelical televangelists taking to social media to condemn the evils of racism and the danger of gun proliferation.
    Silence from the NRA’s normally rabid mouthpieces.
    Nothing about the victims of color.
    Not a damn word from GOP leaders.
    Barely even any cursory “thoughts and prayers” for the dead.
    No Presidential praise for the black man who saved countless lives without a weapon.

https://johnpavlovitz.com/2018/04/2...-a-black-hero-and-white-presidential-silence/

BadgerBeer and tapintoamerica like this.
  11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

tapintoamerica likes this.
  12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Make a deal.

Deskgrunt50 and TigerVols like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.