1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Racist "prom-posal"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

So it's not what you do but what you say? Good thing Uncle Pete ate his gun then.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Are you still allowed to make allusions to Louis CK's work?

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

When I was a teenager I heard maybe the best joke ever. It uses a vile slur, but the butt of the joke is clearly the redneck deputy, not the black guy. It's a pretty strong message about how stupid you can look if your biases cloud better judgement.

But I've never had the balls to actually tell it.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

5. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Best to Google it when I go home, I would assume?

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Haha, maybe.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I can remember overhearing a couple of big(ger)-time pro football correspondents joking about the reaction the then-Falcons ownership would be having regarding how much money a certain top-pick prospect wanted. If you heard it from the beginning, you'd know that the joking was clearly intended to be at the ownership's expense, but if you'd caught just a piece of it ...

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Promposal rejections are a little cottage industry:

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

SonOfQuant's prom-posal was kind of nice ... he surprised his girlfriend (a harpist) in class by playing the last part of the Prelude to Bach's Cello Suite No. 1 ... then he held up a sign that said "Will You Accompany Me?"

10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Bach? I thought that was Bob Seger.

I Should Coco likes this.
  11. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Youth gone wild, indeed.[​IMG]

12. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

I think we've all told jokes that missed their mark. Sacco's was fucking stupid considering she's a PR person and should have a clue about the reach of Twitter. Prom boy probably didn't think his would reach public eyes.

Draft saved Draft deleted