1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Enlightened folks know “Chinaperson” is now the preferred term.

On Monday, responding to the attack ads, Mr. Blankenship brought up Mr. McConnell’s marriage to Elaine Chao, the secretary of transportation, and questioned whether the majority leader faced a conflict of interest in foreign relations. Ms. Chao’s father is “a wealthy Chinaperson,” Mr. Blankenship said, speaking on a West Virginia radio show, adding, “And there’s a lot of connections to some of the brass, if you will, in China.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/25/us/politics/don-blankenship-china-west-virginia.html

Big Circus likes this.
  2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

The story says that.

In both years, participants were asked the same wide-ranging set of questions. Party loyalty overwhelmingly explained how most people voted, but Dr. Mutz’s statistical analysis focused on those who bucked the trend, switching their support to the Republican candidate, Mr. Trump, in 2016.

And I think the point of the headline is that the loss of cultural standing was twice as influential as "economic anxiety," the cliche upon which so many think pieces hang.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This claim looks to be untrue, btw.

4. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Is Mulvaney going for the Depression-era villain look on purpose (those glasses!)? Judging by his provable, demonstrable dickheadedness, my Magic 8 Ball is telling me that "all signs say yes."

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Ah, I see. Well, those think pieces are/were full of shit, too!

7. doctorquant

I thought it was "mail-order bride" ...

YankeeFan likes this.
  8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Exactly.

A moratorium on those, please, and on the diner-by-diner "search for real America."

9. doctorquant

I gotcher real America right here.

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

This reminds me of the piece linked here a while back that painstakingly detailed one family of Trump supporters and their economic struggles.

Then it ended with a direct quote from one of them about hating niggers.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Johnstown Never Believed Trump Would Help. They Still Love Him Anyway.

Schilling looked at her husband, Dave McCabe, who’s 67 and a retired high school basketball coach. She nodded at me. “Tell him,” she said to McCabe, “what you said the NFL is …”

McCabe looked momentarily wary. He laughed a little. “I don’t remember saying that,” he said unconvincingly.

Schilling was having none of it. “You’re the one that told me, liar,” she said.

She looked at me.

The NFL?

“Niggers for life,” Schilling said.

“For life,” McCabe added.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Something Americans have a very, very hard time hearing, believing they must be the boss of everyone they meet.

Children are people with rights, not extensions of their parents' ego and whims.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.