1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

I've been watching stream of consciousness Trump for a half-hour on Fox & Friends and I can't tell if it's Trump or Alec Baldwin.

Donny in his element likes this.
  2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Yeah, I guess it kinda is. Hadn’t thought about that joke in that way. Just one made reflexively.

If so, sorry about that. That is wrong. I’ll try to do better.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Will Cap'n Queeg ever hold another press conference? Or is it all gonna be talk show call-ins from Don in DC?

garrow likes this.
  4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

"It's locker room talk!" [/cheeto]

5. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Trump lied, drink Ronny Jackson!!

garrow and Slacker like this.
  6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Forgetting about the allegations, he chose someone because he interacts with him, qualifications be damned. It's why Jared is the first choice for every vague sweeping project.

HanSenSE and lakefront like this.
  7. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Not at all curious. The Feds have already made clear that they are looking into criminally prosecuting him for an illegal campaign donation. He can argue that it wasn't a contribution or it should be just a fine, but he sholdn't give the Feds any help.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

What in the holy fuck was that Fox & Friends "interview" this morning?

NO COLLLLLLUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSIONNNN!!!!

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Or if they were real and spectacular.

Wait, you weren't making a sex joke? Sorry. My bad.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

11. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I saw this a few weeks back...
    It goes along a little bit with your post in regards to Vietnam and Watergate being catalysts for institutional mistrust. I was 5 at the time but of course have seen many of the documentaries on the Kennedy assassination and the aftermath. I had no idea the extent of the conspiracy theories and what that did to the country at the time. I came away from this feeling sad and believing that this was, as many said in the show, the turning point in our country (along with the killing of course). If anyone has the time to watch it I think it is worth the hour (?). I intended to post it here somewhere when I first saw it, but forgot. I suppose there have always, always been conspiracy folks out there and I think this shows the damage they can do.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The two facts that explain why 80 percent of the American people have always believed, from 1964 to today, that Oswald did not act alone.
    1. We have a lot of sad experience with lone assassins in this country. Oswald was the only one of them taken alive who proclaimed his innocence.
    2. Less than 48 hours after his arrest, Oswald is himself murdered in the basement of a police station by a mob-linked nightclub owner.
    Imagine that happened today in another country. Any other country. Would you believe the authorities there if they said the assassin and his murderer both acted alone?

Donny in his element likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.