1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I'm astounded he hasn't just come out and started bragging about the affair. This is him being disciplined and sticking to the script.

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Dick or someone else will know better, but I believe it’s unkess they, together, conspired to commit a crime.

If Cohen commits a crime of his own doing, that has nothing to do with Trump, or his right to privileged conversations with his lawyer.

4. YankeeFan

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Right.

But if the payment itself was a crime -- because of the funding source -- then it's a crime by both of them and privilege wouldn't apply. I think. To be honest, I got lost in Jill Hennessy's eyes when they covered that on L&O.

tapintoamerica and Fred siegle like this.
  6. YankeeFan

The whole “Cohen is going to flip” thing is funny too.

Cohen is being investigated by the SDNY, for matters unrelated to the Russian investigation. They’re apparently looking at his business dealings in regards to his taxi medalian business, and potential banking crimes.

For him to “flip” on Trump, he’s have to be aware of crimes Trump has committed, and his knowledge of those crimes would have to not be protected by privilege.

Think of it this way, if I tell my lawyer about a murder I committed, he can’t “flip” on me to get consideration from prosecutors in a bank fraud case against him.

7. YankeeFan

Isn’t the max penalty for this, if it’s determined to have violated campaign finance laws, a fine?

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

LOL at how he was taken aback by the softball "what did you get Melania" question. The idea of getting his wife a birthday present had never crossed his mind until that moment.

I wonder if he even knew it was her birthday before being told that mentioning it would be a cute way to start the Fox and Friends interview.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    BadgerBeer and Slacker like this.
  9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

The link I posted is a story about how the phenomemon pre-dates that.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

haha, he gets his wife nothing for her birthday.

Trump supporters must be such proud people.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

melock likes this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Tough to go shopping when you're playing 18 every time you leave the Oval.

But, good grief, the man has staff members who could have gone shopping for him.

garrow, lakefront and HanSenSE like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.