1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

No wonder no one from the Obama administration — or the media — wanted to publicly say anything bad about the guy.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Oh God, another “small sample size!” clusterfuck looms ...

YankeeFan likes this.
  3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Hillary's injury wOBA is strong.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, but it's pretty clear Trump needed some time in the minors.

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Buddy of mine in middle school was a huge Orioles fan. And that was the year they started 0-21. All he kept talking about that season was how the 1968 Cardinals blew a 3-1 lead against Detroit in the WS.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I so hope it comes out that Hillary’s a drunk.

YankeeFan likes this.
  7. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

She could have had a UTI (urinary). And when they said she had pneumonia many who have had thought "oh yeah".

8. lakefront

I am, I have fallen a couple times due to health issues (non ms) and other things for example I stepped onto a beach and my ankle just turned, down I went. I am younger than she is. I can think of 4 falls for me.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Regarding Hillary, I also think that it’s important to keep in mind that HOLY SHIT WHO GIVES A RAT’S DICK AT THIS POINT HOW CAN THIS POSSIBLY BE RELEVANT IN 2018?!

TyWebb, dprince57, Dyno and 12 others like this.
  10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Prominent posters ...

HC, Dick Whitman and lakefront like this.
  11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

As a former colleague said: "This is one reason why real journalists must not relent in their investigative scrutiny, must not lay off him and give him a chance to lead. He serves only himself. He is not a leader. He is a user and abuser of the first magnitude."

For Many, Life in Trump’s Orbit Ends in a Crash Landing

A ride on President Trump’s bullet train can be thrilling, but it is often a brutal journey that leaves some bloodied by the side of the tracks. In only 15 months in office, Mr. Trump has burned through a record number of advisers and associates who have found themselves in legal, professional or personal trouble, or even all three.

Half of the top aides who came to the White House with Mr. Trump in 2017 are gone, many under painful circumstances, either because they fell out with the boss or came under the harsh scrutiny that comes with him. Some of the president’s longest-serving aides have left with bruises. His son and son-in-law have hired lawyers and been interrogated. Even his lawyers now have lawyers as they face inquiries of their own.

Proximity to Mr. Trump has been a crushing experience for many who arrived with stellar careers and independent reputations yet ended up losing so much. Rex W. Tillerson ran the world’s largest energy company. David Shulkin was a respected doctor and a “high priest” of the medical world. Lt. Gen. H. R. McMaster was an admired warrior. So was John F. Kelly. Jeff Sessions held a safe seat in Congress. So did Tom Price. Now all of them are known for unhappy associations with Mr. Trump. ...

“People are not people to him, they are instruments of his ego. And when they serve his ego, they survive, and when they don’t, they pass into the night,” said Tony Schwartz, the ghostwriter on “The Art of the Deal,” Mr. Trump’s first book. “Ultimately, the fate of anyone who casts their lot with Trump is — you are passing through. And I just can’t think of anybody for whom it is not true.”

garrow and lakefront like this.
  12. lakefront

yf probably has me on ignore, so if he brings up the falls again could someone tell him that at least one person in the world has fallen at least 4 times, their age is between 45-65 (noyb) (although I like to drink and have fallen many times because of that! 40yrs ago) but due to reasons that have nothing to do with ms. In fact I know someone with that and I don't think she has ever fallen due to that.
    This will probably not matter but what he is saying about, no one falls that much, is wrong. If he had any ethics (?) he would stop saying it.
    Disclaimer---I don't know what is wrong with her, but people DO fall, many times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.