1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

And the bartender says: "Hey, where's Iggy?"

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

A pack consisting of an infinite number of innumerates walks into a bar. The first says, “I’ll have half a beer.” The next says, “I’ll have a fourth of a beer.” The next says, “I’ll have an eighth of a beer.” And so on and so on.

How many beers does the bartender pour?

3. Slacker

Fuck-you-Meg on your second sentence, but your first sentence rings true. Too many reporters think their names in print elevates them to some kind of rock-star status.

It doesn't. You're not rock stars. The work is what matters, and only the work matters. So work hard and shut up.

ETA: I've worked at two or three destination newspapers, I guess, and at the last one I once went to a party where the crowd was mostly reporters. And a bunch of them were sitting around a poolside table constantly talking over each other about their book projects and the art of writing and who had the better book agent. Over and over and over again.

None of them ever got a book into print. It was just the typical newsroom rock-star bullshit.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  4. Slacker

Nobody will ever know.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

6. Slacker

That answer is too easy.

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I knew this one! It's an infinite geometric series.

8. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Um, that's... that's exactly what I wrote.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Maybe it’s just me, but I like Martyr’ Dad more than “I don’t have to rake the leaves or walk the dog anymore, but still get to take my kid swimming once a week, and oh, have I mentioned my new girlfriend” dad.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Not quite.

11. Slacker

Dude, don't harsh the Malbec glow ...

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I could probably find it, though the instance I'm thinking of now was at least three years ago, but I won't. It was out of line then and I'm not going to pile on by digging it up now. I know at least one SJ.com was among the people whose loss of a job he celebrated. Piling on is your thing, not mine. I've given a good reason not to dig up the post. If YankeeFan wants to keep lying and say he has never cheered people in journalism losing their jobs, that's just more of the same from one of the more dishonest posters this site has ever seen.

If you can prove I'm lying, then my credibility is rightly damaged. If you can't, it's just you looking for a reason to attack me as usual.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.