1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2018 regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Happy fuckin' 35th anni-fuckin'-versary to HOF ranter Lee Elia.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Watch this if you have MLB Network. Great job.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Giants take 3 of 4 from Dodgers over the weekend, including both games after Cy Sandoval's appearance. Roberts pulls Bellinger after doubling in the sixth, saying he wasn't hustling.

I'm a Giants fan, but enough of a baseball fan to see something's screwy with the Dodgers. MTM?

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Always blew me away that the 1988 team was so awful (finished 54-107), and then in 1989 they won 87 games and damn near won the AL East. Finished two back of the Blue Jays.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I don’t know if it’s World Series hangover or what. When they pitch well they can’t hit and vice versa. And the bullpen has been awful.

It can’t be all on Turner being hurt.

They won a lot of come-from-behind games last season and I think they have just one this year. And I believe they have lost every game when the other team has scored first.

7. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

"Thank you knob of the bat," Matt Vagilisilian as Kinsler fouls one off the end of the bat.
    Matt, do you know the knob from the end of the bat? Do you know your ass from your elbow?

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Where's Harry Doyle when you need him?

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Gerrit Cole struck out 12 more batters Sunday to give him 61 in 41 2/3 innings pitched this season. He has a 1.73 ERA and his WHIP is 0.79. For those who prefer FIP, Cole's sits at 1.91.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

But he only has two wins.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Well, then he sucks. It's amazing they got anything for a pitcher with elite talent in his prime and under contract for 2018 and 2019.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Who? Ohtani?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.