1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2018 regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You think Victor Caratini is an obscure pull. But he was 90 percent of sports radio talk here for a day when he was granted this roster spot at the end of spring.

Baseball, such a regional obsession.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I feel like he’s been working on the new GNR album with Axl.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Best free agent signings, pitcher
    Randy Johnson, 1998 Arizona
    Max Scherzer, 2014 Washington
    Greg Maddux, 1992 Atlanta

Because while Maddux may have been the best pitcher of the 3 in the long run, when he signed with the Braves, he wasn’t as great as Johnson and Scherzer were when they signed. All three had a CyYoung before free agency

Last edited: May 2, 2018
  4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Or Songbird's knowledge of baseball doesn't run that deep. I knew who Caratini was.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Of course you did. There's nothing you aren't an expert on.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I blame fantasy baseball. I've got a league that allows us to roster five guys in rookie spots. As long as the player is still technically a rookie, you can stash him there. Since I have Contreras, I did a little research on his backup because he would have been eligible to stash as a rookie.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Is Ben Simmons a rookie

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

No Way.
    [​IMG]

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

How about Ken Giles punching himself in the face after giving up the homer?

This was after celebrating Monday night's save like it was Game 7 of the World Series:

Dude's headed for a John Rocker-style breakdown.

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

He's had a tough season and is probably in danger of losing his job.
    On the other side, that's Sanchez's second game winning, 9th inning HR in around a week.

bigpern23 likes this.
  11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Harvey certainly might put together some good innings out of the pen. But his velocity and command are awful right now. And acting like he doesn’t give a damn isn’t helping.

But you’re 100 percent correct. Long season. Injury-prone team. Another chance is likely.

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I've found since marrying a Cubs fans that even though they now have a championship, two generational players and a handful of other really good-to-great players, their fans can't let go of that loser's mentality that obsesses over if Victor Caratini and Tommy LaStella are getting enough at-bats. And if Mark DeRosa, Ryan Theriot and Darwin Barney could still help this team.

lakefront likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.