1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2018 regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

In Mark DeRosa's cocksure mind he could. I say that as someone who enjoys him on MLB Network.

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I was sitting in Wrigley as an Indians fan in 2009, when DeRosa played for Cleveland. A 40-year old Cubs fan next to me looked at me with the seriousness of a father giving his daughter away and said, "You guys take care of DeRosa, okay? You appreciate him."

I kept waiting for him to break character. Nope.

3. Songbird

Yeah, there's this weird thing about Mark DeRosa that people just ... like. Can't really explain it.

Matter of time before he manages a team.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Every fan base has those guys.

5. Songbird

Mine growing up was Jeff Hamilton. Super nice guy who seemed like he had all the talent to be a good-hitting third baseman.

You really wanted him to break out and you had patience. Soon, you thought. But it never happened for him.

Franklin Stubbs was kind of like that too. He did better when he went to the Brewers.

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Not as much anymore. I think those middling guys who inexplicably stay with a team for a half decade are a thing of the past given the way rosters are managed now. You're either good and stay with the team a long time or they'll find a younger player who does the same thing for less.

7. Songbird

Really now.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Mark DeRosa is intolerable on MLB Network.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

He'll have to do better than he did in his interview with the Mets. He admitted on WFAN he wasn't prepared for the interview.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Mookie Betts takes over the MLB lead with three homers today ... so far.

11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

IMG_0292.jpg

Cubs 1970 price list for concessions and souvenirs -- with cigarettes and cigars.

I like the $3 sweatshirts. My wife dropped $12o on a sweatshirt at Dodger Stadium last month

I Should Coco and Hermes like this.
  12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Did someone mention Brad Komminsk?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.