1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2018 regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Is that Lloyd Moesby? I didn't remember him playing for Detroit.

2. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

He played his last two seasons of his career with the Tigers.

3. Guy_Incognito

The Yankees-Astros series has been awesome.

CD Boogie likes this.
  4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

This Yankees lineup is relentless.

5. Guy_Incognito

No more so than Houston's; at least until Bird gets back. And Houston's starting pitching is unreal, as should be the Yankee bullpen. Two heavyweights playing great game after great game.

bigpern23 likes this.
  6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Yeah I don’t think the Yankees have the SPs to beat out Bos and Hou, but they could add arms. Or Sonny Gray could string together some quality starts. He fared well the other day

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

What's up with the Astros bullpen? Can't they find a closer? Giles appears to have completely lost it and there's not even a dependable set up guy is there? Shame to waste all that SP. - RETRACTION (seat of pants statement; no research involved) MY APOLOGIES

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Giles hadn't given up a run since April 6. One stinker does not equal completely lost it.

9. Guy_Incognito

Which was only 8 ames - was he hurt? He went 5 days between games a couple of times, and he now has 3 saves, Devinski has 2 and Peacock has 1. This is after his awful postseason should have cost them the championship that they won despite him. He's been inconsistent for a while and they have other big arms. He knows that his job is in jeopardy. He didn't punch himself in the face for nothing.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He did miss a few games with a minor injury. I forget what it was. They weren't fully committed to him as the closer even at the start of the season. I'm just saying completely lost it is a bit much after one ugly outing.

The Astros probably need an upgrade at closer. Giles has the stuff, but doesn't seem to have the head for it.

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

12. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Odor just kicked a dog and does not know why.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.