1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2018 regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Isn't it just adorable how YF and Dickie support one another through everything?

2. outofplace

No, you were wrong, but you'll keep manipulating the argument to try to make it appear that you weren't wrong because you're you.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Did Dick say he wasnt ready to play?

YankeeFan likes this.
  4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

5. outofplace

We've been through this, JC. He defended the piece saying Ohtani wasn't ready to play. Now I know Dickie disputes that, but that's what he did.

The scouts were wrong. They thought Ohtani wouldn't be able to adjust quickly enough. He did. That doesn't mean he's not going to struggle at some point, but clearly the "verdict" from less than 19 spring training plate appearances was incorrect.

And that's my favorite part in all this. Dickie went on and on about how wrong it was to make any determination based on 19 regular season plate appearances, but he had no problem with the verdict based on even fewer than that during exhibition games.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

He never defended the piece. He said 19 ab’s wasn’t enough to prove it wrong.

Quote the post he defended the piece, maybe I missed it.

Last edited: May 5, 2018
    YankeeFan likes this.
  7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I am sure Mets management looked at all the possibilities, but damn, NY and Vegas are a long way between AAA and the parent club.

8. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

Yes, and it’s cost them before. But they recently bought minor league team in Syracuse (currently a Nats affiliate, oddly enough) so won’t be issue moving forward.

9. outofplace

The entire argument was defending the piece. His only concession, if I remember correctly, was to say they shouldn't have used the word verdict in the headline.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

No it wasn’t, he never defended th piece. If he did, it should be easy to show the post in which he did.

YankeeFan likes this.
  11. outofplace

It is. Look at the entire discussion.

The real question is if he suckered you with his rhetoric or this is just you looking for another pile.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, in recent years, there's been some reshuffling of affiliates to be closer to the parent club, and the Mets kept trying and getting shut out of having a AAA team closer to them. They had a Triple-A affiliate in New Orleans for a year or two prior to Vegas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.