1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2018 regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Because of poor facilities, Las Vegas has been considered for a while the worst option for teams seeking a Triple-A affiliate, so they've been ending up with the last MLB to find a partner (the Blue Jays were the parent club before the Mets). However, they're getting a new ballpark built in Summerlin for next year, so they'll probably be more attractive to big-league clubs when the affiliation dance starts up again this year.

2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Vegas makes more sense for the Dodgers than OkC. Maybe the new stadium will lure them back.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

IIRC, same holding company owns Dodgers and the OKC team,so there's that. Fresno will likely be in play too. Colorado Springs is moving to San Antonio after this season and Houston will take that affiliation.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You do this every time you are challenged. It should be easy to prove me wrong, show the post.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

His entire argument is a defense of the piece. That you don't want to interpret it that way doesn't change that fact.

The bit about 19 plate appearances not being enough was part of his argument, but it was an argument against the idea that the piece had been proven wrong. I'm sorry you don't understand that. I'm not surprised, but I am sorry.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Wrong again.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Is JC an abbreviation for some other-language-version of St. Jude the Apostle?

8. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

He is secretly from Cincinnati.

John from Cincinnati - Wikipedia

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You got me. I'm really not sorry about your failings. I am amused by them.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

ICYMI, Saturday's Times sports cover.

[​IMG]

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

That’s well done.

FileNotFound and lcjjdnh like this.
  12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

994B1F68-437E-4D63-B297-75727D012801.jpeg
    Lieutenant Hauk is amused.