1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2018 regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Yeah, that happened to me once, except I was the pitcher, and the batter drilled the ball off my shin, not the privates (thanks, God). By the time I got back to the dugout after the inning ended, I had a lump the size of a golf ball right under the skin. Looked like hell, but didn't need surgery, and it took a month to go away on its own. Molina got it far worse.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Like I said.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Dexter Fowler hits a walk-off two-run homer for the Cardinals with two outs in the 14th and on a 2-2 pitch. Ball hit the top of the wall in the corner and bounced over. Heyward tried for a leaping catch, but was a couple of inches short.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

5. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Is he writing? I used to read everything he wrote (except the annoying political interludes) when he wrote at the Pinstriped Bible. He really knew his baseball and is a great writer. He bounced around some and was hard to find. When I did find him it was more history than contemporary. For a while I was convinced that he posted here - maybe he does / did. Seems like a good guy. I hope he's doing well. He used to write about significant issues with his eyes. Glad to hear he's still active.

6. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

This is what happens when you bring an infamous bat flipper onto your team.

7. Steak Snabler

Goldman used to write occasionally for FanRag, but I don't think he does anymore. As you mentioned, he lost an eye to cancer and has also had significant issues with depression (which he brings up often on his podcast, which can go to some dark places).

8. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Vlad' kid is going to be special

9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

10. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

It is hard to appreciate how difficult that is.

John B. Foster likes this.
  11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

12. Steak Snabler

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.