1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Today in Cultural Appropriation

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, May 2, 2018.

1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

WTW

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Sorry. I meant "USA! USA! We're the good guys!"

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Yeah, we need to go back to the good old days, when imperial victors showed more compassion and humanity than Americans do nowadays. And wait, that time never existed. People wouldn’t appropriate things in the old days. They would fucking eradicate them. It still happens. The taliban destroyed the afghan Buddhas in 2001. And people are pissy bc some high school girl wore a dress she liked. We should tar and feather the shop owner for putting the dress up for sale.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Humanity wasn't, ain't, and never will be pretty.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Let the record show: Another time when the "creepy," "misogynistic" "piece of shit" agreed with @RickStain.

That never gets acknowledged, though.

6. RickStain

You can tell people know they're wrong when they stop trying to defend it and go to "But other people did something worse!"

It's also especially telling that white people consider being asked not to do something, anything, to be the equivalent of violent punishment like tarring and feathering. How dare anyone put restrictions on God's rightful masters of the universe?

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

And, of course, Europeans are the only ones in human history who ever engaged in such behavior.

8. RickStain

Oh look who woke up at the exact same time I got another PM from the mysterious sock puppet who totally isn't him.

9. RickStain

Is "but other people did the wrong thing too" really a defense in your mind?

10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

That’s not a coherent argument and it doesn’t reflect what I said. I totally defend her right to wear the dress and to make the hand gesture. I’m waiting for all the papists to go bullshit about all the papal garb at the Met Gala.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Nobody cares about the status of your running feud tally. Fuck, we don't even care that the high schooler wore a culturally insensitive dress to the prom. You think we care about this?

12. RickStain

Then feel free to explain it to me, because that's how I read it and I don't see any other way to read it.

"Other people have done worse things" is not a valid defense for "this is wrong."

Draft saved Draft deleted