1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Today in Cultural Appropriation

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, May 2, 2018.

1. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

There's a pretty gross story behind my dislike of red sauce, which started 40 years ago.

I ate spaghetti and meatballs with chunky red sauce at a college orientation, and the next day I was violently ill, vomiting large red chunks among other fluids. Turns out the chunks were actually bits of my insides, but I associated them with the sauce on the spaghetti. Took me six months to recover from the illness, and I haven't been able to stomach that kind of red sauce since.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It's obvious that Rick has some really interesting thoughts and the capability of articulating them. But he'd rather hint at them while implying that we're not worthy of the opportunity to consider them.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

So you use the green ketchup?

4. SpeedTchr

I avoid chunky ketchup.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Totally true.

But, then again, Mexican, Chinese, Italian, and a whole bunch of other ethnic cuisines have been dumbed down for American tastes. (And, also just changed once immigrants arrived in America, based on what was available to buy, and what they could afford to buy. Corned beef, for example is an Irish-American thing, for example, not an Irish thing. Same goes for many ethnic dishes we see in America.)

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Please tell me that’s what you call tomato sauce.

YankeeFan likes this.
  8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

In the weirdest, oddest, up-is-down, black-is-white way, SpeedTchr may be the board's most interesting man.

Iron_chet, Stoney, Big Circus and 8 others like this.
  9. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Talk about dark.

(Still, appreciative of the thoughtfulness and perspective. #DashOfMillennialNonJudgment #MissingTheMillennialSnark)

10. SpeedTchr

I usually use the phrase "peasant menses"

MisterCreosote likes this.
  11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

You should've been (and still) listening to Oasis.

12. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

How in the world do you maintain the positions of both "Most Interesting Poster" and "Most Boring Poster" at the same time? It's a goddamn marvel.

SpeedTchr and poindexter like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted