1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Today in Cultural Appropriation

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, May 2, 2018.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

OK, so what explains it?

I have no reason to suspect she's racist, but why isn't @goalmoath, or really any liberal, questioning this?

It's the Supreme Court. Almost no law school grad would turn down a Supreme Court clerkship. It puts your entire career on track.

So, why doesn't RBG have binders full of African-American law school graduates.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The Trump photo is really, really bad. You should be embarrassed.

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

4. YankeeFan

It is bad. I'd like to know more about how the event was arranged. Who put together the guest list? Who declined the invitation, etc.?

I'd also like to know why in almost 30 years as a Circuit Judge, and then Supreme Court Justice, RBG was only able to hire one African-American clerk.

If we're going to use this kind of evidence against Trump, let's do it to Ginsburg too.

Instead, we seem to work backwards. Trump is a racist, and anything we find is evidence of this. Ginsburg is not a racist, so nothing we find could be evidence of this.

5. Dick Whitman

This doesn't make it better.

6. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

7. YankeeFan

A. See @Big Circus's post. The facts presented don't even check out.

2. Why not? If 40% of invitees are minorities, but choose not to attend because they don't support the President politically -- hypothetically -- can we judge the motives of the hosts, based on who showed up?

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

9. Dick Whitman

You spent six months of the general election telling us how much minorities loved Trump.

10. YankeeFan

I did? Link?

What I said was that he would do as well with African-Americans and Hispanics as Romney and McCain did.

And he did.

11. Dick Whitman

Remarkably, that support seems to be lowest for this Republican president among military members.

Very counter-intuitive.

12. Dick Whitman

It's also very possible that a lot of the women in the photo have the fever, which wouldn't show up here.

Donny in his element likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted