1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL. But, his unfavorability stood at 61%:

PRINCETON, N.J. -- Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton head into the final hours of the 2016 presidential campaign with the worst election-eve images of any major-party presidential candidates Gallup has measured back to 1956. Majorities of Americans now view each of them unfavorably on a 10-point favorability scale, a first for any presidential standard-bearer on this long-term Gallup trend. Trump's image is worse than Clinton's, however, with 61% viewing him negatively on the 10-point scale compared with 52% for her.

Trump and Clinton Finish With Historically Poor Images

2. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

But I was right, wasn't I?

3. YankeeFan

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

It's one of the great ironies of modern American conservatism. It's bookended by an actor from California and a rich guy from New York. But they both have said the things conservatives want to hear, every now and then, and the right is desperate and fearful enough to ignore everything else about their so-called saints.

Slacker likes this.
  5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

garrow likes this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Coastal elites claiming to speak for flyover country.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It's the economy, stupid, right?

It's also the soft bigotry of low expectations. All these horrible things were going to happen if Trump was elected. But they haven't. Our communities are still functioning.

8. YankeeFan

It's probably the biggest thing, but he's also getting high scores for his handling of the North Korea situation.

The fizzling of the Russian investigation has to be helping too. He popped from 37% to 46% immediately following the election.

I imagine he would have remained around there, or even moved higher, if not for the fake collusion story that was pushed by Democrats and the media.

That's been a double edged sword for Democrats too. It hampered Trump, but it also prevented them from finding their own message to run on. Now Russia is dead, and Dems have nothing, except for supporting the Mullahs in Iran, defending the humanity of MS-13 members, and rooting for North Korea in their negotiations with Trump.

I wouldn't want that as my platform going into the midterms.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

He thought it stood for Hillary Is Vile and Hillary Plays Victim.

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Link?

11. YankeeFan

LOL. American conservatives are so dumb, they elected an actor as president.

Canadians would never do something so stupid.

It should come as no surprise to anyone who took in Justin Trudeau's stirring eulogy at his father's funeral seven years ago that the aspiring Liberal MP knows how to play to an audience.

And now he has a starring role playing Talbot Papineau, a French-Canadian First World War hero, in Brian McKenna's powerful new CBC docudrama The Great War, airing this Sunday and Monday nights at 8 p.m. ET.

"This is certainly my large-scale acting debut, continuance and end," Trudeau, the eldest son of late prime minister Pierre Elliott Trudeau, says with a laugh in a telephone interview from Montreal.

He insists, in fact, that it was not a yearning to flex his acting chops that attracted him to the role in the five-hour docudrama that features 150 descendants of First World War soldiers re-enacting battle scenes.

Justin Trudeau makes acting debut in CBC docudrama | The Star

12. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

LOL, you're acting like you're a smart person.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.