1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Sheesh ... and those bears had just gotten comfortable sitting anywhere on the bus they chose!

YankeeFan likes this.
  2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Well, nobody's had more practice at it than us.

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

These boys probably would. ... Cull away!

[​IMG]

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Crispy bacon or GTFO.

YankeeFan likes this.
  5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Then, maybe they should have enacted a law, and not just a regulation that could be undone.

Interesting how something enacted seven years into his presidency was so vital, that it couldn't be undone. Why did the Obama administration wait so long to do this?

And, why should states be labs of democracy when it comes to marijuana rights, but Alaskans can't set their own hunting policy?

7. YankeeFan

Don't dehumanize cub killers!

heyabbott likes this.
  8. YankeeFan

Duh.

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'm told that "Whatabout!?!?!?" isn't exactly cricket 'round these parts.

10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Because there's a point when a state's "own hunting policy" can so offend notions of human decency in the rest of the country that it's appropriate for the federal govt to act. Would you think it OK if Alaska's hunting policy permitted the strangling of Golden Retriever puppies for sport?

If Alaska permitted the blasting of bear cubs sleeping with their mother as recently as 2015 ...well, I think that's pretty friggin sad, and I'm glad the Obama Administration stepped in to do something about it. As for why it took seven years to do so, I don't know, don't care, as that delay in no way makes Trump's reversal more justifiable.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
    BadgerBeer likes this.
  11. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Are you blaming Obama for making something too easy for Trump to come along and fuck up?

12. YankeeFan

I never heard of blasting bear cubs before. Until this article, no one was talking about blasting bear cubs.

Were people talking about blasting bear cubs back in 2015?

If no one was talking about blasting bear cubs before now, how big of a problem could it have been?

It's so obvious what is happening here. People are just using the potential blasting of bear cubs to dehumanize Alaskan hunters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.