1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Holy fuck I feel like Frank Grimes on here today.

amraeder likes this.
  2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You were fine in saying they weren't talked about as much, but you wrote that you hadn't heard of them. That's the point he's using to hammer away at you. It's a small point in a larger discussion, but he he'll dig his teeth into it like a pissed-off Rottweiler.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Can I get a program to tell me who’s arguing with who (over, say, the last 12 hours)?

4. typefitter

LOTS OF PEOPLE HAVEN'T HEARD OF LOTS OF THINGS.

Have you heard of the football player Michu? Have you heard of the band Eric's Trip? Have you heard of Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump? Have you heard of the restaurant Chez Black? Have you heard of Frederick Law Olmsted?

I HAVE AND IF YOU HAVEN'T YOU MUST BE EITHER LYING OR DUMB.

To the best of my recollection, I started hearing about MS-13 when Trump began yammering about them. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.

Sea Bass and Fred siegle like this.
  5. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I honestly never heard of MS 13 before Trump. That doesn't mean they didn't exist, it means I never heard of them. Also THE FUCKING GRAPH shows why I never heard of them.

And by the way, the Republican President called Nazis very fine people but by all means point out how "everyone" knew about MS 13.

typefitter likes this.
  6. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Go run that graph from 2004-present. Do it.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Trump at a fundraiser tonight "your vote this November is as important as your vote in 2016 -- although I'm not sure I really believe that. Who the hell wrote that line?" He's filling in for Alec Baldwin while SNL is in reruns.

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

I first heard of MS-13 about 25 years ago, when reports out of Los Angeles said it was the scariest and most violent gang yet, and it would spread and terrorize all of America. Scary stuff like that. Haven't heard much since then, and most people probably wouldn't unless their areas had trouble with that gang.

Wouldn't expect Canadians to know much of the story, either. ... Also, there's a GRAPH. :cool:

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I’ve heard of them for years. They are animals. GangRape young girls as inititation. Executions, brutally, often at cemeteries. They are as nasty as any gang in America.

10. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

There's a band called "Eric's Trip?" There's a great Sonic Youth song called "Eric's Trip." Never knew there was a band.

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Yeah, MS-13 have had a bad, bad reputation in the DMV for years.

12. typefitter

HOW COULD YOU NOT?

Yes, they were my favourite band in the 1990s. Canadian band from down east.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.