1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I didn't make the graph and wouldn't have the foggiest idea how to make another one.

I do, however, know how to hang a door, structure a piece of narrative non-fiction, and marinate and grill a nice piece of chicken.

2. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

RE: MS-13 and the "graph":

Before the current peaks in Google Trends that began in the Spring of 2017, the previous spike was in Feb. 2006, and general interest was elevated between Spring '05 - Spring '08. But only that February matches or exceeds the current elevated trends.

Google Trends

Stoney likes this.
  3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Before anyone jumps down my throat here, I had my first child in February 2006, born with a life-threatening heart condition. I was not keeping up with American gang culture.

4. melock

melock Well-Known Member

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

THat must make your Incel community very happy. It’s ok, if there is a country he’ll be remembered as the second to last President of the United States.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Convicted of 10 counts of sexually abusing minors. A real Trumpboi

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Mueller didn't give up anything except catching a shitstorm for his investigation "overreaching". It was smart to let the breaking of the President's attorney-client privilege come from a federal court not directly connected to his investigation. All the flak he's catching would have been doubled or more immediately afterward if it had come from him.

Broidy is speculation, sure... but it fits the pattern long established by both men. If there is documentary evidence it will surface eventually. Mueller's got all sorts of stuff behind the curtain still.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

It still doesn't explain giving up the investigation to another attorney. If Mueller believed Cohen had something for him, he would keep him in his grasp, not let his fate rest with somebody else.

11. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The Southern District of New York investigation is evidently into crimes by Cohen outside the mandate of the special counsel. This does not mean Cohen isn't being, uh, encouraged to talk to Mueller. It's a standard OC procedure. Guy popped for a crime often offers to give up others in unrelated crimes of which he has knowledge to get a better deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.