1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Who. Cares.

Everything is a smokescreen for the racist traitors of the GOP and their chosen Cheese Wheel.

#TheCoupHasAlreadyHappened.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

YF, if you got that commemorative coin, you lucked into a valuable collectible. More seriously, this is all to the good. The whole problem with the summit was that it was ass-backwards from the beginning, because for various reasons both leaders wanted it too badly. First you have the diplomatic disputes and backing and filling so that when the meeting finally takes place, it's to formalize what the two parties have already agreed to. That way, nothing goes wrong.

4. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Nobody should be following ideas on how to comport oneself in public by the President, but this about money. I doubt they lose any sponsors because of this decision. I also wouldn't be surprised if they "advised" networks not to show the anthem as part of their coverage - bury it in a commercial break like they have traditionally done when we aren't at war or the DoD isn't paying the NFL to make a show of it.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Seems more like he did get played and now he's trying to re-assert the authority he never really had in the first place.

7. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Okay, that's funny. I will confess, among the many things I don't know: What the hell does expat even mean? Like, what's the difference between an expat and an immigrant? You're openly planning on going back home someday?

I wonder if there is some large digital network of information where I might look this up.

HC likes this.
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I bet they were a hoot to listen to - especially from the folks watching coverage from the drones who could see everything.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Kurt looks to be projecting again.

10. Inky_Wretch

How much are those NK summit challenge coins worth now?

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

There is nothing these yahoos can't fuck up.

12. Inky_Wretch

Speaking of ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.