1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Trump cancels the summit, so ...

Senator Gardner (R-CO): "I hope the North Korean people understand what Kim walked away from."

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Rumor has it that one of the reasons that the radio intercepts are so... ahem... widely available is that they're INTENDED to make their way to various 'actors' (Kim Jong Un, Pakistani President whatever, Putin's already heard them..., Xi maybe?) as a warning:

'This is what we do when the chains come off our dogs of war. And the chains are off.'

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Arclight is a B-52 strike, dropping sixty, eighty, I dunno, 500 pound bombs at once. Commonly referred to as carpet bombing. Think of those aerial pictures of the Ho Chi Minh trail. JDAM is a bolt-on kit that turns those bombs into guided smart bombs. I bet an Arclight JDAM strike will make your liver quiver.

Assuming its still within your torso, of course.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

No fan of Nunes, but FWIW, the story linked is a few months old. He also dissed a top reporter for the local ABC station during the same trip home.
    But, given the nature of the Internet, I'm sure we'll see the "North Korea fires missile. Serena Williams fires back" gif treated as breaking news any second now.

5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

If our bombs are guided now, do we need to drop 60 or 80 at once? How about 10 or 20?

I'm only halfway serious here, but our military spending sure is extravagant ...

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

7. HanSenSE

In the sound bites, he speaks with all the conviction and whininess we heard when the Warriors were disinvited from the White House after last season.

8. HanSenSE

The Koreans, much of America and the rest of the world. We're gonna need a bigger boat!

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That's the American way of war. High tech, high dollar, less of our blood spilled.

600-700 guys with main battle tanks and artillery attack a position held by forty of our guys. We take no casualties, they get 200-300 KIA and have to run like hell. No American casualties. Yeah, this was an unusual case - we knew they were coming all the way and had hours to prepare a warm reception, but that's the philosophy at work.

Note also that Ringo was told "More than two" B-52s ran Arclight on them, so make that a couple of hundred bombs. I'm not sure that many are fully guided in anyhow, I don't know how you'd do that, but they got sent in the right general area at a minimum.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

FTFY

11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Yes, that aspect is remarkable.

12. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Ah. My mistake. I didn't look at the date. I saw it was a video clip and there was no way I was listening to that POS ass kisser.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.