1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It would seem that Rep. Don Beyer is.

2. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

3. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

They finally got him. Who? I don't know. For what? I have no idea. Just keep pumping out the articles that suggest something.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the Ken Burns eight-part documentary on the Trump presidency (with narration by Peter Coyote of course).

Episode One: The Snake

He came into the presidency with exactly zero seconds of experience in the public service—the first president with that distinction. He was a New Yorker beloved by millions of voters who despised New Yorkers. He cultivated an image of authenticity despite having a fake university, a fake tan, fake businesses and a fake medical history. His electoral college victory shocked the world as he rode an unlikely tide of racial resentment, bullying and dishonesty.

For years, Donald J. Trump questioned the legitimacy of America’s first black president. But when the 45th president took the oath of office, it was he who had to deal with a dizzying array of questions about Russian interference and assistance in his campaign.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Only because he doesn’t appear to have read the article.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Come on. Be honest. Evangelicals in his country are as selfish as criminal ghetto thugs. They lack civility and what used to be called Good Christian values. Evangelicals and trump,supporters are the same. Who else would give Jim Bakker or Swaggert or any other TV preacher money except ignorant assbackwards peckerwoods. And that’s trump’s base. There’s a tight group of conmen making money off the deplorables. And the deplorables are dumb enough to believe they are being saved and made great.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Trump's lineup of speakers at the Jerusalem embassy included an alleged Christian who has in the past said Jews can't be saved and one who called Catholicism and Mormonism bogus. Nice.

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Putting the No in Nobel.
    Amazing how little it took for Trumpists to claim their God should win the Nobel Peace Prize. All it took was an announcement of a meeting. Not a deal. Not even an actual meeting. The mere scheduling of a meeting was enough to make Trumpists whine that their guy wasn't getting any credit for being a prince of peace.

garrow likes this.
  9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

(Trump) enthusiastically pounced on a possible U.S.-North Korea summit in the false belief that such a summit represented a huge concession to the United States rather than—correctly—a huge concession by the United States.

....Only 17 percent of South Koreans trust Trump to do the right thing, according to the Pew global surveyin 2017, well before the latest chaos. Obama’s trust rating in South Korea bounced between a low of 75 percent and a high of 88 percent over his presidency.

Trump’s Reckoning Arrives

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Again, you don't distrust it because you like it and you support the administration. When you don't like a story or you think the source might be a Democrat, your tune changes quickly.

Also, I didn't make that specific claim. Suggesting otherwise is yet another lie on your part.

I'm talking about the use of anonymous sources in general. That is where you show your hypocrisy on a nearly daily basis around here. So at least when there is NFL news, the comparison I offered is appropriate.

Also, you're calling him Jared? When the White House does something, are you going to start saying "we?"

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You’re worthless.

Can I get a ruling @poindexter?

I tried to call engage him, and address your post and his.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.