1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Well, when you put it like that, it sounds pretty bad.

2. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

There is no justification for it. People who defend Trump's lies, or ignore them, are so blindly partisan, they're out of reach. And they're opening the door for all future politicians to lie just as much. They will never be on the right side of the argument again.

3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

A partisan? A partisan? You're a goddamn shill for these fucking shitbags.

Hell, the other day you just had to come to the defense of them overturning an Obama era regulation that will now allow hunters to bait bears with donuts and bacon, while also giving them the chance to shoot hibernating mothers and their cubs. I mean #MAGA motherfucker, right!?!?

You found a video of Obama saying you could keep your doctor 36 times as proof of him lying. Jesus fucking christ. Waytofuckinggo. How many times did Trumpy say Mexico was going to pay for that stupid fucking wall? That was basically a campaign slogan.

All politicians lie. Everyone knows that. Anyone who thinks one is totally honest is a fool. But your boy's lies lie. While he's taking his black tar stool dumps in the morning and twittering to you dolts he's lying about spies and ZTE and Democrats losing children from the border who were probably MS-13 anyway so it's all good. And you all eat it up and regurgitate it like it's gospel. But, I mean fuck, Hillary wore a heavy sweater to hide her back brace yesterday, right?

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

@typefitter: I have no idea how this is okay. Like, how can anyone, regardless of political side, think that a president who lies constantly is a good thing?

@YankeeFan: (points out that Obama lied 36 Times about keeping your plan/doctor.

Rest of board: Oh sure. But your guy lies more often, about different things.

@YankeeFan: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Sorry.

I kept my plan and my doctor.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  6. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I couldn't. So there.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Couldn't? Or wouldn't?

My plan costs more than it used to, certainly. But it's not as if the plan itself was no longer available.

And it's not as if my health care costs weren't going through the roof anyway.

I just don't think "you'll be able to keep your plan" is quite the argument-ender YF assumes it is.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

As a brief comic interlude, this:

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

They do not "loathe" the free press any more than any US president does. They just have more power to control it. You give any US politician a secret button to wipe out negative press coverage, and they'll press it 100 times out of 100.

I Should Coco likes this.
  10. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

The sheer audacity of Trump's lying and gaslighting today is terrifying. It started this morning and now it's continuing with this completely false statement.

Neutral Corner and Slacker like this.
  11. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Couldn't. Therefore, it was a baldfaced fucking lie.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Has anybody seen Mrs. Trump (Melanie, right?) since her mysterious surgery? Are we sure she’s still alive?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.