1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

For the record, the numbers on the lost children story have been misreported. That said, this is a horrifying problem that has been part of the foster system for a while. Bureaucrats whose business it is to keep track of children seem to have trouble keeping track of children.

So, to sum up, losing children really bad, killing hundreds of thousands of babies even worse.

I think both are awful. I won’t ignore one of them for the sake of politics.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Has your boy in the White House offered any indication that he considers this issue important or that he is committed in any way to finding these kids?

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, you are still ducking your failed point regarding the use of dangerous in quotation marks. You are also still ducking your failed point on the kneeling thread. I point this out not because I expect an honest response, but because at some point in the near future either you or someone else will ask me for evidence when I bring up the way you duck out of discussions when you've been caught in a lie or a mistake. Your posts today are a lovely example. Again, I thank you for providing the evidence so promptly. It was quite helpful of you.

4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Link?

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Unoriginal, but I'll give you points for timing.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. Neutral Corner

[/QUOTE]

Hmmm. Is Hope Hicks going to be indicted next week?

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This whole Russia thing is nothing, Trumpists say. Such a giant nothing burger that even Trump's lawyer suggests impeachment proceeds may flow from it.

9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Pop quiz: Find the clown in this story ...

Giuliani is a former US attorney for the southern district of New York. In his CNN appearance, he called former CIA director John Brennan and former director of national intelligence James Clapper, both fierce critics of Trump, “two clowns.”

“I have no regard at all for Brennan or Clapper. I think they’re two clowns …” Giuliani said. “They’re not civil servants as far as I know.”

10. Neutral Corner

From the Giuliani story above, and the tweet Kristol just quoted as well:

"And so our jury – and it should be – is the American people." - and we're working as hard as we can to taint that jury pool in advance.

11. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I know who Donald Trump is. I’ve never heard of Dean so comparing them as if to say “many people say silly things” is pretty weak. But you knew that.

Twist. Contort. Rinse. Repeat.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

YF''s flexible. Whatever one fits the narrative.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.