1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The alleged president is using the death of American servicemen and women to aggrandize his alleged accomplishments. His Memorial Day tweet is appalling.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Very hard to hold up both ends of the Dick Whitman / Rick Stain interruption. Doin' my best.

Donny in his element and HC like this.
  3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

One of these things is not like the other ...

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I think it might be the moment when any man's concern on the issue of abortion is dismissed because it comes from a man.

But, hey, I get it. Women were dismissed for years because they were women. So turnabout, fair play, all that.

And liberals will get a full crack at implementing their ideas of a moral life soon enough. They won't be the underdogs then, so these pointless moral nursery rhymes, or whatever they are, won't hold much water. They'll have to govern the great, victimized mass of America. They can sift through the many grievances they've helped create. And we'll see how they do with it. They'll have set out a helluva task for themselves, but it'll be theirs, at least.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Sure. And, it’s why liberals love to quote folks like the Pope and James Martin SJ when they talk about immigrants and refugees.

So, why do these same people ignore them when they speak on abortion?

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

How and when will this come about? Trump will be remaking SCOTUS in next two years, which means abortion will be out, voting rights will be restricted and unions will be busted.
    The country has failed to repudiate a bigot in the White House. No signs of any change that I can see.

7. melock

melock Well-Known Member

It's what Pig Vomit does best. Dog whistle. Spew propaganda. Rinse. Recycle. Repeat.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Alma and I both think stakeholders in the process need to be heard.

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

No, you don’t. Not you, anyway. You think some, whom you don’t consider to be stakeholders, should not be heard. Conveniently, these tend to be less likely to believe as you do.

YankeeFan likes this.
  10. melock

melock Well-Known Member

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You might want to tune in to the speach he’s giving at this moment if you believe this.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Actually I do.

But it's mighty hard to hear from them if the status quo doesn't occasionally cede the mic and take a seat.

I'm not trying to kick anyone out of the debate. I just want to hear from some folks for whom these issues are real and immediate. Not philosophical or religious or political.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.