1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I believe in life after death with air conditioning.

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

If you really want to go, we can take up a collection ... ;)

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

No matter how great Trumpists' god proclaims the economy to be, when gas costs $3 gallon, those whose voice the god claims to represent are a bit squeezed. Funny how Trumpists give their god all the credit for the economic recovery trajectory that began long before said deity took office. Yet the increase in gas prices is just something that happens organically and can't be controlled. Or so they claim.
    If it's good, it must be the work of the deity in DC. Ignore that corporations are taking their massive tax breaks and diverting the cash almost exclusively to the suits rather than using the breaks to create, you know, jobs. Trump is our voice. A champion of the little guy whose greatness we should salute on Memorial Day.

BitterYoungMatador2 and garrow like this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Sounds right to me.

6. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

"The expansion of the Karnes County Residential Center (KCRC) was completed in early December 2015, and increased the capacity to 1,158 beds. The expansion created new demands to an already unique transportation mission by requiring larger capacity vehicles to provide offsite field trips. These field trips are part of the contract with the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Field trips are provided to all children, ages four through seventeen enrolled in educational programs provided by the John H. Wood Charter School, located at KCRC. Field trips consist of going to a variety of places, such as the San Antonio Zoo, seeing a movie at the local theater, going to the park, etc.

The transportation requirements to handle the increased school enrollment were presented to corporate officials at the end of the 3rd quarter 2015. On February 4, 2016, two new fleet vehicles were delivered to the KCRC to fulfill contractual obligations. The first vehicle is an eighteen-seat passenger bus that is ADA compliant with rear wheelchair lift system and the second bus has twenty-six seats. These vehicles do not have standard GTI security equipment such as steel cages or window bars or screens. Both buses have camera systems and digital video recorders to record all activity during transport.

Due to the unique transportation criteria, KCRC officials worked very closely with GTI Vice President Ed Stubbs and Corporate Fleet Manager Paul Gossard, to outfit and configure the bus cabins to meet ICE requirements and to be compliant with the terms of this unique contract. Both buses are outfitted with standard commercial grade cushioned seating. Each seat has a convertible child safety seat and is equipped with a DVD system with four drop down screens to provide entertainment to the children with onboard movies during transport missions."

News Detail

Yep, prison buses for babies.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

8. Twirling Time

I guarantee you gas will be back under $2.50 by Election Day. It's one of the few cards the Big Oil Repubs have available to play.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I lived in Houston for eleven years. I can't imagine what it was like to live there before air conditioning. Just fans, maybe an attic fan? Or before electricity, sitting on the shady side of the front porch praying for a breath of wind? Shudder. It can be bad enough *with* A/C.

I remember one July when it broke a hundred degrees every day of the month, with a morning humidity over ninety. In the afternoon the humidity drops, but of course it's also hotter. Pick your poison.

Blessings upon you, St. Willis Carrier.

10. Twirling Time

The feast day of St. Watchatalkinboutwillis, of course, has to be on 6/9.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Has he written her doctor's statement to the press yet?

garrow, Baron Scicluna and heyabbott like this.
  12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

She didn't want to see another child enter the family business.
    [​IMG]

heyabbott likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.