1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

MS-13 now has a baseball team?

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Sure. The former judge who is vetting what stays confidential and what can be cleared to be released to the prosecution obviously didn't read a million case files in a few days.

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

I don't care. I'm up to 19 over on the Ringer thread!

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Well, this is a hell of a depressing read.

Investigators say school shootings have become the American equivalent of suicide bombings — not just a tactic, but an ideology. Young men, many of them depressed, alienated or mentally disturbed, are drawn to the Columbine subculture because they see it as a way to lash out at the world and to get the attention of a society that they believe bullies, ignores or misunderstands them.

The seemingly contagious violence has begun branching off Columbine, researchers say, and is now bringing in more recent attacks, many of them building off the details and media fixation with the last. School gunmen have admitted to investigators that they were now effectively competing with other attackers, in trying to come up with deadlier tactics, and in trying to kill the most people.

For ‘Columbiners,’ School Shootings Have a Deadly Allure

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Is it selfish of him to publicly express his displeasure with not receiving something he assumed he deserved?

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Similar to what Gladwell wrote a few years back.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Bill Browder, fierce critic of Putin and the person most responsible for the Magnitsky Act being passed both here and in Britain, was arrested in Spain on a Russian Interpol warrant last night. A couple of follow up tweets regarding this:

Browder is one brave man. He has blocked access by Putin to billions of dollars that he stashed overseas, as well as those of other Russian oligarchs. If something violent happened to him there would be little question as to why - and Putin not wanting adverse publicity is a thin thread to hang your life on. He has to know that he could be killed literally any day, but he carries on.

Getting the Magnitsky Act eased was the real point of the Russians meeting with Don Jr. at Trump Tower, not "Russian orphans".

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    SnarkShark likes this.
  8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Was that the New Yorker piece ... touching on mob/riot dynamics? I read that again the other day. Thought about linking it here, but with the autism facet of that piece's main subject, I thought ... hmmmm, maybe I'll let someone else draw that fire 'round here.

9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Is it healthy to have a president who insists on having no critics? Is it selfish to whine about this every day?

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Another rally, another attack on a prominent black person.

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Yes. I posted it awhile back as it was the basis of a David French column.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I’m not talking about Trump.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.