1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Ubu can't remember what Ubu said to Lester Holt.

Ubu says so many things!

garrow likes this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm guessing @The Big Ragu won't agree with Karen Tmulty.

Nothing wrong with a headline that refers to a woman's big ass, right?

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Nope. I don't agree.

I haven't heard Kim Kardashian say anything mysogeny, as you did yesterday, or sexism as that tweet did. If she did, though, I'd suggest to her that when you cultivate an image for yourself, it stays with you when it suits you AND when it doesn't. What the Post did was not only fair game (and done pretty well, by their standards), it worked so well because they played off HER SELF-CREATED image. The whole point was that she's a bubble-headed pop culture creation. ... put her next to Trump in the oval office, and it's doubly ridiculous, given what he is.

[​IMG]

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

She had it coming!

Great job Ragu.

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Anybody watching “The Fourth Estate” documentary series on Showtime about the New York Times and its coverage of the Trump administration in the first year? The first episode alone felt like a year, if only because of the daily insanity coming out of this regime.

I was totally engrossed watching Maggie Haberman, Michael Schmidt and their editors and fellow correspondents working this beat. It’s very inside baseball, with peeks at the daily editorial meetings headed by Dean Baquet. But if you love journalism (or used to), it’s a must-watch.

garrow likes this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The bad news is that when the Clown-in-chief is done remaking the marketplace via his schizophrenic / spiteful vision, we'll all be driving an American version of the East German Trabant.

[​IMG]

The good news, as he sees it. ... jobs!!!!!!

garrow likes this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Ja like lead zeppelin.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

The shitty ones believe mocking abortion is funny.

Related, it’s obvious the culture that breeds such a thing is linked to the belief that the needs of an individual always come first. Easy to dismiss abortion (and the sanctity of life) when someone else is picking up your slack.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Auto dealers are a reliably Republican group on the whole and have much political clout (why you just can't orders cars online from manufacturers, for instance). An administration that stopped the sale of many dealers' high-end, high-profit autos would be foolish if it were Democratic. A Republican President? Congressional and (especially) state legislative candidates of both parties couldn't denounce the move fast enough.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.