1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Is this a blanket statement?

No one who has ever pleaded guilty was wrongly prosecuted, and only agreed to a plea bargain because it was their best option?

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

He voluntarily pled guilty?

He admitted he intentionally broke the law?

He apologized for doing it?

And the judge found no "unfairness" on appeal?

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Is it technically possible to offend a Mafia princess?

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

He did not apply for one, the Justice Department did not recommend one, normal applications for pardons are a five-year process at minimum, he has certainly shown no remorse for a felony that he pleaded guilty to, and it's clear he only got the pardon because Ted Cruz told Trump it would own the libs.

Now argue on behalf of its merits, please.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Interesting questions. Twitter is a stage, I think. It's straight up performance art for a number of comedians.

The other question about the n-word, I mean, I'm white. I can't and shouldn't use it. I'm not a comedian, but, if I were, I couldn't and shouldn't use it. Michael Richards rightly lost his career because of it.

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

In case you folks are wondering, I have yet to see a conservative defend the D'Souza pardon on Twitter. Granted, Twitter is not indicative of the world at large (unless you want it to be), but it's closer to reality than this circle jerk.

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Do you think he was wrongfully prosecuted?

And let me preemptively refute something I know you're going to post.

Rosie O’Donnell didn't commit a felony. Dinesh D'Souza did

8. YankeeFan

Perfectly good arguments. They make much more sense than focusing on his political beliefs.

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Wrong guy.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

"We are going to Dallas, we are going to Houston. We are going to have a little fun today. Thank you very much." President Trump says as he head to Texas to meet with the families of Santa Fe school shooting.

We are going to have a little fun today ... meeting with the victims of a school shooting.

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Uh no.

12. YankeeFan

I haven't spent a moment pondering the validity of D'Souza's prosecution. My understanding is that he made straw donations, which sounds pretty straightforward.

My only point is that, if he was wrongly prosecuted, his political views, even his potential status as an unrepentant racist, should have no bearing.

Justice is due to all of us, even racists.

And, a guilty plea alone is certainly no sufficient evidence to show that a prosecution was not improper. People innocent of all manners of crimes have taken a plea, for a variety of reasons. This has been shown.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.