1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

They think they’re winning.

2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Come on. Ted Cruz is a U.S. senator. His advocacy directly led to the guy's pardon. You think he's on an island by himself? D'Souza has almost 900K Twitter followers.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Just like many innocent people may settle a civil suit out of court rather than taking it to trial, right?

4. Baron Scicluna

If it wasn't for this site, I'd have no clue who she is. I've never once seen her on TV, or if I have, I didn't even notice.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I thought Sally Field was dead.

Who did I mix her up with?

6. YankeeFan

The McCarthy column is interesting.

The facts of the case don’t seem to be in question. It about whether it was selective enforcement and whether the punishment fit the crime.

(It was also an incredibly dumb crime. He gave $20,000 to a candidate who got clobbered.)

I’m not sure any of us have enough expertise in this area to say whether either of McCarthy’s points are valid.

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Let’s make YankeeFan and QYFW moderators. Hell, I’ll volunteer too. I want to know how to make sausage.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. YankeeFan

Not as much at risk, obviously, but sure.

They don’t usually settle for more that was originally sought.

9. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Come on. Your comment was about criticizing POTUS children, and you and Don Jr. were trying to draw a parallel between the left’s supposed reaction to someone calling an Obama teenager that and someone calling Ivanka Trump that.

That’s not the parallel. The parallel between an Obama kid and Trump is Barron, not Ivanka, and when people have made jokes about Barron — much less said something on the C level — they’ve been bipartisanly criticized.

It’s in bad taste to publicly call someone the C word. That wasn’t what your first comment was about, and not what my response was about, but you knew that, too.

SnarkShark likes this.
  10. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

OK. But don't you think it matters why he was pardoned, by this president, considering those available to pardon who took the normal channels? He didn't do it out of some noble duty.

11. Baron Scicluna

Well, when the case drags out and legal fees pile up ...

12. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

It amazes me people with a family spends their entire days here.

lakefront and HanSenSE like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.