1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Big tent.

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

@typefitter travels, too.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Ivanka did nothing to deserve being treated like that other than being related to the president. You know as well as I do that if a similar hateful attack was directed at an adult child of a Dem president the reaction from all corners would be different.

Lose your shit all you want over Trump’s words and actions. Call out Don Jr. for what you think he did in regards to Russia. Take Eric to task for his occasional outrageous comment. No shortage of ammo there. But going after Ivanka was cowardly, and making excuses for it shows you to be no better than the person you loathe.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Was talking about your favorite Yankee fan.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

No shit.

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Pardoning celebrities is silly, but at least he hasn’t pardoned any spies, terrorists or traitors. Although he has six-plus years to fill up his scorecard.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Sure.

I think parsons should go through normal channels.

But, if Ted Cruz or others convinced Trump that the prosecution was selective, overly harsh and/0r politically motivated, then it really doesn’t matter if D’Souza is a “good guy” or not.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Do you follow the news at all?

She posted a picture of herself hugging her child! It was despicable.

QYFW likes this.
  11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Actually, even you don't know it would be treated differently. That's your opinion, one I think is delusional, not knowledge.

Why is it acceptable to go after Donald Trump, Jr., but not Ivanka? Other than gender, what is different? Are you saying she deserves extra protection because she's a woman? Hell, I have far more faith in her taking care of herself than just about any of Trump's offspring.

They are adults and they are part of the administration. They are absolutely fair game and it is not even close to the same thing as somebody taking a shot at Obama's teenage daughter. She was still a child and she wasn't part of the administration.

I agree with you that Ivanka Trump doesn't deserve the criticism she is getting from Bee and many others right now. I posted as much earlier. I would have even more of an issue with it if she wasn't one of her father's advisers, but that isn't the case.

My issue is your claim that is a party thing. It isn't. If a Democratic president had an adult child working in his or her administration, that person would be fair game for criticism, too.

12. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Get a life. Read your daughter a book. Do something

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.