1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

How much time do you spend with your kids?

2. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I think that's shitty to say. People spend their free time different ways. Getting into judging how we all do it is a deep, dark hole we shouldn't start going down.

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

What time do you put small children to bed?

You think toddlers stay up to watch Jimmy Kimmel?

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Please let this go, John Foster.

Criticize YF all you want for his politics, arguments, etc. Let's leave the personal stuff out of it.

5. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

My wife and I lost our child 8 months in. Thanks for asking

6. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

It is fun that you've yet to reply to me with anything related to the post before it. Trolling 101.

7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

franticscribe likes this.
  8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I have to remind myself of that second point. Our bubble is pretty small. Similar to the poster who said “Trump voters” believe in the Seth Rich story and George Soros conspiracies. I guarantee you 95 percent of people who voted for Trump have no fucking clue who either of those people are.

I Should Coco likes this.
  9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Let me add this and then I'm out:

I disagree with most of QYFW's political views. I also think he can be arrogant and a pain in the ass at times. A lot of sweeping generalizations. Pisses me off here and there, as he knows.

I'll also say this: He's a former colleague and a friend. I say without hesitation he's an excellent father. You want to rip his political views and sometimes caustic posting style? Have at it. Rip him as a person or a dad and you are way off base.

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

You said I’m applying the same standard to Ivanka as to kids of Dem presidents. I never once mentioned any kids by name because I’m not comparing kids/adults. I’m applying a general standard of decency that changes depending upon the occupant if the White House. The reaction to much less harsh comments toward Chelsea (an adult child like Ivanka) generates more outrage than the vile remarks toward Ivanka. And it has nothing to do with Ivanka’s “position in the administration.” That’s an excuse for people to act like assholes without taking responsibility for their bad behavior.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The Killing Fields.

There is "criticism", and there are "insults." And there are some really inappropriate insults.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.