1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

In the years I've been covering DC, including many meetings with lobbyists, reps and Senators and their staffs on both sides of the aisle, NO ONE has mentioned the President by name. Like that weird old Uncle everyone sees only during the holidays, but avoids speaking about the rest of the year.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I think he probably means he didn't cancel the meeting without cause.

There was a reason the meeting was called off, and that's now been resolved to his satisfaction, meaning it can be put back on the schedule.

4. YankeeFan

Are they still trolling Trump. or is the Trump economy actually providing jobs for African-Americans?

The U.S. unemployment rate dipped to 3.8 percent last month, an 18-year low. But a more dramatic drop occurred in black unemployment, which fell to a record low 5.9 percent, suggesting that African-Americans are also benefiting from job gains in this booming economy.

Even more striking, the gap between black and white unemployment has never been smaller, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Overall, the black unemployment rate dipped dramatically in May — falling more than half a percentage point from April's 6.6 percent. Generally, month-to-month changes in unemployment are more likely to stay within a smaller range, around a tenth of a percentage point.

The Most Surprising Number In Friday's Jobs Report

5. YankeeFan

I heard 1 in 5 Puerto Ricans were killed.

Is that not true?

Makes for a good talking point either way.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I don't know if you've followed this story in any detail. The reporter who finally figured out who this woman was and broke the story is being doxxed and harassed by 4chan and alt-right racist factions. They've made his life hell in just a couple of days.

This thing has gone full on viral nuts on Twitter. It is just starting to come across to traditional news sources. It's a mess.

Here's a detailed summary of how the attack on him was developed and structured. REDACTED = Amy Mek

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Reminder that Trump voters are just an olive branch away from voting for Democrats:

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

9. YankeeFan

LOL. This should be good.

I hope he tells MSNBC's reporters how little they know.

“We created an echo chamber...The average reporter we talk to is 27 yrs old. They literally know nothing.” - Ben Rhodes

10. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Yeah but the unemployment numbers are fake and the workforce participation rate is as low as it’s been since the 70s.

You yourself told us these things, and you told us it’s why we should be sad about the Obama economy.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  11. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Remember that time you pointed to a Fox News media personality and expressed concern about credibility in the media?

Yeah me neither.

12. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Yeah wasn't the umemployment rate like 40 percent or something in 2016? I thought I heard that somewhere.

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.