1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That more people died than the 64 claimed originally by the administration and that children are being forcibly separated from their parents for asylum seekers are propositions on which I'll bet my house against your car. You're getting way over your skis here as things get worse.

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I know it’s bad form to make fun of Twitter randos, but this dude paid money to put this in my feed.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Probably.

Do you think we would all be better served by a President who can communicate coherently? Or is that just libtard thinking?

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The facts are wrong, but the story is true.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

All things being equal, a President that communicates coherently would be preferable.

Trading Trump for a liberal who was a good communicator wouldn’t be worth it. We had that for eight years.

Besides, it’s really not that hard to figure out what Trump means. He formed a bond with millions of voters, many of them Democrats, due to his communication skills.

I Should Coco likes this.
  6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

How did the Obama administration communicate through Ben Rhodes?

Coherent communication doesn’t necessarily equate to truth.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Both Fox News and the Republican Party have fostered distrust in both the motives and the competency of the Federal Government for years. It has become a standard and accepted talking point. Now add in Trump, who deliberately fosters lies, half-truths, and confuses the issue, as well as amping up the attacks on all parts of the government while saying that he alone knows how to fix it.

People on both sides need to make at least some effort to find out what the facts are, not just accept the mushroom treatment.

8. Neutral Corner

Look at the Twitter chain with the matirx that shows how the plan spread. Within hours the attacks were on, and they were gathering forces and planning the next wave. It's scary. I've said it before - I would never want to become a target of the flying monkeys of 4Chan. They're too skilled at computer research, too imaginative in their torturing of their targets, and they have no conscience or sense of remorse whatsoever.

She was tweeting out 25 or more hateful, rascist, anti-Moslem screeds and memes daily for years. She had to know that if it ever came out she'd have hell to pay. I guess she just figured no one ever would make the effort.

She was wrong.

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I’m more concerned that it’s incompetence that’s being actively exploited by the administration and many in the media are blinded by their desire to be Woodward and Bernstein that hey don’t tread nearly as carefully as they should with a pack of bullshit artists.

FileNotFound and YankeeFan like this.
  10. Neutral Corner

There were a number of stories starting a couple of weeks after the storm stating that deaths were being under counted. Funeral Directors were talking about backlogs. Paperwork accuracy was not a priority.

11. Neutral Corner

Sure, there is incompetence. We're also faced with people who have hated and opposed for years the very Departments that they've been put in charge of who are actively sabotaging and subverting them. It's deliberate, and it's one of the things that Trump gets credit for from the Republicans who have their reservations about some of his other decisions.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Maybe she can get a job at MSNBC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.