1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I know of an Administration that secretly subpoenaed and seized reporters' phone records, obtained a search warrant on a reporter by labeling him a "co-conspirator" who "aided and abetted" a crime by doing his job, and prosecuted government officials and contractors under the Espionage Act for giving information to journalists more than twice as many times as every other Administration in U.S. history combined.

And it wasn't Nixon's.

YankeeFan likes this.
  2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Ok, Smallpotatoes.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It's all gaslighting anyway. This is Manafort though, and it makes me wonder what news is about to come out about him. New charges? He flipped? This is getting close to "He was the coffee boy, I barely knew him" territory. Paulie managed both the Trump campaign and the convention.

"Comey and the boys" sounds like he's trying to blame the FBI for letting him hire Manafort. I have yet to see any sign that Trump bothered to vet anyone he hired.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

John Adams?

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Nice try.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I still can’t believe she called her feckless.

8. MisterCreosote

If one can be without fecks, can one be feckful?

9. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

I don't give a feck.

HC likes this.
  10. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Kasich scolds GOP leaders for thinking "they have to ask permission from the president to do anything" - CBS News

Ohio Gov. John Kasich said he is "shocked" Republican leadership thinks they have to "ask permission from the president to do anything," when they need to stand up for their principles and legislate -- even if that goes against the president's views.

Kasich -- like many Republicans in Congress, including Speaker of the House Paul Ryan -- disagrees with President Trump's decision to impose tariffs on ally nations. But on that matter, and other pressing matters, Republican leadership isn't taking action, he told CBS News' "Face the Nation" host Margaret Brennan.

"Margaret, I have been frankly shocked at the fact that our leaders think they have to ask permission from the president to do anything," Kasich said in an interview airing Sunday. "This is very foreign to me, it's alien to me. When you are elected to the United States Senate or the United States House of Representatives, you have a duty to represent your district, but most important, represent your country, not to just be thinking about your political party."

11. MisterCreosote

[​IMG]

Fly likes this.
  12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Adams seized reporters' quill pens in order to stop them from taking notes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.