1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

It's also dumb because there's no evidence Obama had anyone spy on the Trump campaign.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Republicans will remain in control. Americans are sheep now. They want to follow a belligerent leader because they are weak and want to feel tough.

3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Is it ironically racist to believe that black people hate white people more now, because Obama?

Like for someone to believe that black people are less capable of not being racist?

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I think he absolutely has it in him to quit, claiming either victory or that he's the victim of dark forces, before he gets punted. He will not abide "YOU'RE FIRED" headlines about himself.

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

If Trump does get impeached, there won't be enough votes in the Senate to convict and Trump will emerge virtually untouchable.

That was Gingrich's fatal miscalculation vis-a-vis Clinton in 1998. That's the danger the Democrats face in 2019. Better damn sure count the votes before you pop off your stunt.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Rudy Giuliani everyone...

"In no case can he be subpoenaed or indicted,” Rudy Giuliani told HuffPost Sunday, claiming a president’s constitutional powers are that broad. “I don’t know how you can indict while he’s in office. No matter what it is.”
    Giuliani said impeachment was the initial remedy for a president’s illegal behavior ― even in the extreme hypothetical case of Trump having shot former FBI Director James Comey to end the Russia investigation rather than just firing him.
    “If he shot James Comey, he’d be impeached the next day,” Giuliani said. “Impeach him, and then you can do whatever you want to do to him.”

You can indict a ham sandwich - as long as it isn't President.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Sadly, I think THIS president will test that rule. I say sadly because it's a 4-4-1 SCOTUS (who knows with Kennedy) and that's where this president will be, or not be, ruled a king.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I want him to quit in disgrace. Otherwise he's a martyr.

HanSenSE and Neutral Corner like this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So? You think every rapist has been indicted or convicted?

Fuck. How long did it take for Bill Cosby and Harvey Weinstein to face justice?

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That’s why we need an investigation!!

But, will you concede it’s possible?

You were laughing at people who though it was even a possibility.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

In YankeeFan's world, every accusation ever made against Bill Clinton must be believed, but every accusation ever made against Donald Trump is a damned lie!

melock, cyclingwriter2 and HanSenSE like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.